Best Friend Forever Login

To participate, register for Best Friend Forever access or login below:

Latest Release

Brad Sucks: Guess Who's a Mess album cover

Guess Who's a Mess, my third album. 10 tracks, instant downloads.

Not into albums?

Email Signup

Get the latest Brad Sucks updates:

Upcoming Shows

Blog

Years after I probably should have released them, here are all the instrumentals from I Don’t Know What I’m Doing:

[60mb ZIP]

I’ve been getting a lot of requests lately (even though the full source is available) so I finally rendered them all out.

Update: Fixed the link (I’m a dummy).

Posted on - June 10, 2008 [at] 5:00 pm by Brad
Tagged in - , , , ,

14 Comments on this post

Manny on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am

Very nice work, I might post these on my website. Good Work!

Litis on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 7:38 am

Why one would need an instrumental while having access to the source already? I don’t see the point.

bjrn on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 10:29 am

I’m guessing they are full track instrumentals instead of just loops. So if you for some reason wanted to work on the whole track you wouldn’t have to loop stuff yourself (and figure out how many times things have to loop etc).

Scott Gentzen on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Will look at it later. It would get some people over the lazy factor (me) for wanting to put the song back together the way it’s on the album before breaking it down.

It’s a lot more open if you just have the source chunks and cobble it together into Live or something though.

NIN went through this a bit between With Teeth and Year Zero. The With Teeth remix files were put together in chunks and they were packaged as GarageBand, Live, etc files. Eventually, they got to where they are now where each item is rendered out as a single track solo’d through the whole song. So if you just dump all of the .wav files into your DAW and you have the whole song….now you just gotta cut it all apart to get something interesting.

Brad on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Scott:

Likely for the next album I’ll have to do the full .WAV multitracks. Cutting into loops like I Don’t Know What I’m Doing will likely be too difficult. (IDKWID was more loop-based than Out of It.)

I do think having loops helps people drop them into their own compositions though so I’ll have to see.

freakwonderboy on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Hey Brad, you’re awesome, btw, but I was wondering if you offered the whole track minus the vocals…I know it says Instrumentals, but all I can do is download the remixes or the individual loops…am I mootarded?

Brad on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Anonymous: should be fixed now, somehow I managed to bone the link up.

freakwonderboy on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 4:09 pm

Hey, not sure why I’m anonymous, we are BFF’s…#2442, I think…Thanks, the instrumentals work…check your e-mail…I sent you one earlier today annd would love a response…thanks,

Justin

Brad on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 4:16 pm

Hey can you try logging out and logging back in and see if that fixes the problem? A few people have reported that.

Also I don’t see an email from you…

Tony on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 6:53 pm

Wow it’s been some time since I listened to the I don’t know what I’m doing songs. And thanks Brad it’s cool to have them intrumental as well.

Tony

Darg on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 11, 2008 at 10:15 pm

I would very much like it if there were loops for new album stuff. I’ve tried making remixes with NIN songs (full multitracks), and failed miserably. I’d rather have a buttload of loops than a couple really long wav files that I need to break up manually.

But hey, I’m just one person.

freakwonderboy on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 12, 2008 at 12:01 am

this is anonymous, hoping not to be…but it does say I am logged in as a period, literally just (.)

scottgentzen on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
June 17, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Brad @ 4

Hey, either way you’re still going above and beyond, I think. Maybe it’s some work that can be distributed across BFF’s or someone else. Depends on how cleanly we can pull it from the .wav tracks or if it’ll require the Protools export to do right.

Also, I just logged in to my BFF account and I’m “Logged in as .” as well. Something’s not right.

Scott Gentzen – BFF#22xx…I forget…

lywyu on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
December 3, 2008 at 9:57 am

Yay! Thanks!

Name Required on I Don’t Know What I’m Doing Instrumentals
March 6, 2009 at 6:19 am

Thank you so much! You’ve got a good voice and good lyrics, but I’m an instrumental kind of person, so this is much better. Thanks.

Comments are closed on this post.